Thanks to Amy at Oh, Bite It! for changing our lives with this Stuffed French Toast Bacon Bombs recipe. Warning: these are not for the faint-hearted. If you can accept that you are about to be sugar overloaded, this might possibly be the most delicious food you will ever eat. They’re sweet, they’re savory, and…they’re bacony. Behold:
- 1 container of Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layers Biscuits (8 count)
- 1 pound of bacon
- 1/2 cup cinnamon sugar
- 8 ounce block of cream cheese
- Oil for frying (Amy uses Canola)
- Cut each biscuit into 2 equal halves.
- Drop a dollop of cream cheese in the center of each.
- Wrap each biscuit half with a half slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Fry in 350 degrees oil until they’re puffed up and nice and golden all around.
- Contain your excitement.
- Toss them in cinnamon sugar while they are still warm. Afterward, let cool.
- Dump them in syrup and BITE IT!
This recipe is adapted from Oh, Bite It!