The chocolate and bacon pairing is tried and true, so why would you ever change it?
(*Note for the food bloggers reading: Please, don’t change it. Keep finding new ways to combine them. Thank you. We love you.)
Feast your eyes (and your stomachs) on this crazy-delicious recipe for Spicy Maple Bacon & Dark Chocolate Scones from our friend Lisi at Worth Every Chew:
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1.5 cups almond flour or macadamia flour
- 1.5 teaspoons grain-free baking powder
- ⅓ cup canned coconut milk (at room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 whole eggs (at room temperature)
- 1.5 cups spicy maple bacon pieces
- 1 cup dark chocolate pieces
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Enjoy the bacon smell wafting back at you as you open and close.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Please don’t use the Marauder’s Map.
- Combine the almond flour, coconut flour, and baking powder in one bowl.
- Combine the eggs, coconut milk, and coconut oil into another bowl and mix well. Yes, we expect you to own two bowls.
- Add the contents of both bowls to a food processor. Mix until a dough ball is formed. (A dough ball is a real thing, we just found out.)
- Remove from the processor gently and massage in your chocolate pieces and bacon. Be liberal with the bacon portion, obviously.
- Form into a cookie, bake for 20-25 minutes, and enjoy.
This recipe was adapted from Lisi at Worth Every Chew.