The chocolate and bacon pairing is tried and true, so why would you ever change it?
(*Note for the food bloggers reading: Please, don’t change it. Keep finding new ways to combine them. Thank you. We love you.)
Feast your eyes (and your stomachs) on this crazy-delicious recipe for Spicy Maple Bacon & Dark Chocolate Scones from our friend Lisi at Worth Every Chew:
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1.5 cups almond flour or macadamia flour
- 1.5 teaspoons grain-free baking powder
- ⅓ cup canned coconut milk (at room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 whole eggs (at room temperature)
- 1.5 cups spicy maple bacon pieces
- 1 cup dark chocolate pieces
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Enjoy the bacon smell wafting back at you as you open and close.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Please don’t use the Marauder’s Map.
- Combine the almond flour, coconut flour, and baking powder in one bowl.
- Combine the eggs, coconut milk, and coconut oil into another bowl and mix well. Yes, we expect you to own two bowls.
- Add the contents of both bowls to a food processor. Mix until a dough ball is formed. (A dough ball is a real thing, we just found out.)
- Remove from the processor gently and massage in your chocolate pieces and bacon. Be liberal with the bacon portion, obviously.
- Form into a cookie, bake for 20-25 minutes, and enjoy.
This recipe was adapted from Lisi at Worth Every Chew.
Want more Baconeer recipes?
If so, sign up to become a Baconeer and get access to exclusive recipes, contests, crispy bacon news, and other delicious bacon bits. Fill out the form below and make sure to let us know what you’re interested in.