Baconeers, they say a nice Cabernet Sauvignon pairs well with steak. Pinot Noir enhances the taste of salmon. But this is game day. Which alcoholic beverage really compliments the sweet, smoky aroma of wings and sliders? That’s easy: gelatin shots! With the addition of sweet & savory maple-smoked bacon, this novel take on a legendary libation will fit in perfectly with crowd-pleasing foods like sliders and wings – preferably in a parking lot. Make plenty because as soon as your fellow partiers or tailgaters get a taste, they’ll go fast.
Maple-Bacon Gelatin Shooters
With the addition of sweet & savory maple-smoked bacon, this novel take on a legendary libation will fit in perfectly with crowd-pleasing foods like sliders and wings.
6 slices of bacon
1 box neutral gelatin
¼ cup fruit juice
½ cup cold water
½ cup maple flavored whiskey
1 ¼ cup maple syrup
- Cook 6 slices of bacon until crispy.
- Place gelatin in a small bowl, add ¼ cup fruit juice, ½ cup cold water and ½ cup maple flavored whiskey.
- Chop bacon into small bits and add to the gelatin.
- Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat maple syrup in a pot.
- Add the gelatin/whiskey to the warm syrup and stir until completely dissolved.
- Add the rest of the fruit juice and pour into a mold.
- Refrigerate until the gelatin sets
Shoutout to Genius Kitchen for the inspiration recipe (alcohol-free version).