Don’t you just hate eating a BLT and not getting tons of bacon in every bite? Or, have you ever had a desire to sandwich your cheeseburger with two buns made out of bacon? What about… wait for it… a BLT with bacon weaves instead of bread?? We know what that’s like so we’ve come up with a solution: learn to weave your bacon. Check out the step-by-step guide below:
- 3 pretty strips of bacon per weave
Note: You will need three strips for one sandwich-size bacon weave but we highly suggest having six or nine or 21 strips ready because you’re going to want more than just one.
- Cut the strips of bacon in half. It helps to do this with the bacon chilled and pulled directly from the refrigerator.
- Lay three strips horizontally on a baking sheet side-by-side.
- Fold the top and bottom strips, left to right.
- Lay one pretty strip of bacon perpendicular to those strips.
- Unfold the flipped strips back over the perpendicular bacon strip.
- Fold the middle horizontal strip from the other side, now right to left, and lay another strip in the middle of the weave.
- Unfold. Your bacon is starting to look like a weave, so get excited.
- Fold the top and bottom one last time to lay the last strip of bacon down. Unfold.
- Don’t be scared to get in there, and make sure each strip is flush up against each other. You now have your bacon weave.
- To start cooking it, preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until desired crispiness.
- Enjoy, and also feel free to share with us.
Here’s a list of recipes you can use your newfound talents for: