- 2 quarts oil for frying
- 16 ounces pasta
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup + 3 tablespoons flour
- 3½ cups milk
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 24 slices of bacon
- Follow the directions on the box to cook the pasta.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a separate pan and then stir in 3 tablespoons of flour.
- Reduce the heat to a low setting and then pour in 3 cups of milk.
- Add the cheese and stir until it is melted. Pour it onto the cooked pasta.
- Move the macaroni and cheese from the pan to the a baking dish and let it sit in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Heat the oil in deep fryer or big skillet to 375 degrees F (also get ready to fry up some spectacular bacon).
- Scoop the macaroni and cheese into the same-sized balls using a cookie scoop.
- Create a station with three different bowls: one with 1 cup of flour, one with a mixture of 4 beaten eggs and 1/2 cup milk, and the final one with 2 cups of panko breadcrumbs.
- Cover each ball of macaroni and cheese in a coat of flour, then dip each ball in egg wash and cover with panko breadcrumbs.
- Wrap each macaroni and cheese ball in two slices of delicious, mouthwatering bacon– one slice going in each direction– and secure the bacon with toothpicks.
- For 2 minutes, fry Bacon Wrapped Macaroni and Cheese Balls in groups or until the breading is golden brown and the bacon is cooked to literal perfection.
- Drain your bacon masterpieces with paper towels and serve with your preferred dipping sauce (even though bacon really needs no help).
This recipe was adapted from Dude Foods.