- 2 quarts oil for frying
- 16 ounces pasta
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup + 3 tablespoons flour
- 3½ cups milk
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 24 slices of bacon
- Follow the directions on the box to cook the pasta.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a separate pan and then stir in 3 tablespoons of flour.
- Reduce the heat to a low setting and then pour in 3 cups of milk.
- Add the cheese and stir until it is melted. Pour it onto the cooked pasta.
- Move the macaroni and cheese from the pan to the a baking dish and let it sit in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Heat the oil in deep fryer or big skillet to 375 degrees F (also get ready to fry up some spectacular bacon).
- Scoop the macaroni and cheese into the same-sized balls using a cookie scoop.
- Create a station with three different bowls: one with 1 cup of flour, one with a mixture of 4 beaten eggs and 1/2 cup milk, and the final one with 2 cups of panko breadcrumbs.
- Cover each ball of macaroni and cheese in a coat of flour, then dip each ball in egg wash and cover with panko breadcrumbs.
- Wrap each macaroni and cheese ball in two slices of delicious, mouthwatering bacon– one slice going in each direction– and secure the bacon with toothpicks.
- For 2 minutes, fry Bacon Wrapped Macaroni and Cheese Balls in groups or until the breading is golden brown and the bacon is cooked to literal perfection.
- Drain your bacon masterpieces with paper towels and serve with your preferred dipping sauce (even though bacon really needs no help).
This recipe was adapted from Dude Foods.
Want more Baconeer recipes?
If so, sign up to become a Baconeer and get access to exclusive recipes, contests, crispy bacon news, and other delicious bacon bits. Fill out the form below and make sure to let us know what you’re interested in.