Beautiful. Crazy. Bacon can’t help but amaze me. We found this new recipe at Allrecipes.com, and it might as well have cowboy boots and down-home roots because it’s country.
Breaded and fried bacon is sure to set the tone for a great summer of sunshine, country music and quality company. Wow your barbecue guests or hog it all; it’s so good no one could blame you.
- Prep: 35 minutes.
- Cook: 10 minutes.
- Yield: 20 slices.
- Place the bacon in a shallow dish with the half-and-half. Let the bacon soak for a minimum of 30 minutes, but no more than 2 hours. Good things take time.
- Combine the flour, salt, pepper, and sugar and stir until blended. When the bacon has finished soaking, remove it from the half-and-half, and shake off the excess. Press each piece into the flour mixture to coat, then set aside. If desired, you can place a sheet of wax paper between the rows of bacon once the plate is coved. However, the flour does a good job of keeping the bacon from sticking to each other.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a deep skillet over medium-low heat. Fry the bacon in batches until browned and cooked to desired degree of crispness, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain on a paper towel.
- 1 pound thick sliced bacon
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 pinch white sugar
- 2 cups vegetable oil for frying
See the original recipe here.