To start off, you’re going to fix some mouth-watering molasses candied bacon. Gather the following:
- 1lb bacon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
For everything else, you’ll need:
- 1 roll of crescents
- Brie cheese, approximately 1 cub per crescent roll
- 1 egg, mixed with a splash of water for egg wash
Directions (for the Candied Bacon)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet or baking pan with a single sheet of parchment paper.
- Lay out individual strips of bacon and spread the molasses and brown sugar evenly across the strips.
- Save yourself a few pieces to fry while the bacon bakes in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Let it cool and crumble it up. Feel free to snack on your delicious bacon bits but please save some for the finished product. Or not. It’s really up to you.
Directions (for the Crescents)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees if it’s not still hot from earlier.
- Lay out a crescent roll and place a scoop of the candied bacon bits and one cube of brie on the wide end of the dough.
- Brush the edges with some egg wash, fold the sides in, and roll it up.
- Brush the top of the bite with the egg wash and sprinkle some brown sugar on the top.
- Place them on a pan lined with parchment paper and bake them for 12-15 minutes (or until they’re golden brown and puffy). Make sure you test taste one or two for quality control before serving.
If you enjoyed this recipe (which, of course), check out Oh, Bite It! for more of Amy’s delicious concoctions.