Sometimes, a dish needs little bacon bits sprinkled on top. Sometimes, a dish calls for crisp sticks of bacon stuffed within. When all is said and done, however, The Gunny Snack knows the best dishes are just wrapped whole in bacon.
Sweet and Spicy Bacon Wrapped Meatballs
These sweet and spicy bacon wrapped meatballs are sure to please!
1 lb bacon cut in half (~18 slices/~36 half-slices)
36 meatballs or as many as you have bacon slices
1 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons chili powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together brown sugar and chili powder in a small bowl.
- Spray a broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut a pound of bacon strips in half and wrap them around the meatballs (Store bought, fully cooked Italian style meatballs that are thawed in the microwave before being wrapped with bacon work well for this recipe.), securing the bacon in place with a toothpick.
- Dredge the bacon wrapped meatballs in the sugar and chili mixture, pressing to coat it well.
- Place them on the greased broiler pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes, depending on how you like your bacon. For more crispiness, bake them for 45 minutes.
This recipe was adapted from The Gunny Snack.