Conventional wisdom is for bacon to go inside a burger. It’s a topping, usually, and it makes the burger taste more bacon-y, which is a good thing. But, our friend Nick from Dude Foods is a thinker. He flipped this idea on its head. Baconeers, behold the Bacon Weave Breakfast Burger. Now, bacon takes the place of the buns. You can finally cross this off your bucket list.
- 1-2 packs thick cut bacon
- 1 ground beef burger patty
- A slice or two of your favorite cheese
- 1 egg
- Open your packages of bacon and make two weaves in the following fashion:
- Cook them at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- After they have cooled, place an upside down bowl over each weave and use a knife to cut a circle to make the “buns.”
- Grill up your burger (we recommend a 1/3 lb. patty). Place your slice of cheese on the burger right before it’s done cooking to let it melt slightly.
- After that’s done, add a sunny side up egg to the patty.
- Place everything within the two bacon weaves and you’ve got yourself a nice Bacon Weave Breakfast Burger. You should be proud. Now, please share with us.
This recipe was adapted from Nick at Dude Foods.
Want more Baconeer recipes?
If so, sign up to become a Baconeer and get access to exclusive recipes, contests, crispy bacon news, and other delicious bacon bits. Fill out the form below and make sure to let us know what you’re interested in.