Conventional wisdom is for bacon to go inside a burger. It’s a topping, usually, and it makes the burger taste more bacon-y, which is a good thing. But, our friend Nick from Dude Foods is a thinker. He flipped this idea on its head. Baconeers, behold the Bacon Weave Breakfast Burger. Now, bacon takes the place of the buns. You can finally cross this off your bucket list.
- 1-2 packs thick cut bacon
- 1 ground beef burger patty
- A slice or two of your favorite cheese
- 1 egg
- Open your packages of bacon and make two weaves in the following fashion:
- Cook them at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- After they have cooled, place an upside down bowl over each weave and use a knife to cut a circle to make the “buns.”
- Grill up your burger (we recommend a 1/3 lb. patty). Place your slice of cheese on the burger right before it’s done cooking to let it melt slightly.
- After that’s done, add a sunny side up egg to the patty.
- Place everything within the two bacon weaves and you’ve got yourself a nice Bacon Weave Breakfast Burger. You should be proud. Now, please share with us.
This recipe was adapted from Nick at Dude Foods.