We’re all busy people. It’s hard to find time to enjoy both a delicious BLT and a refreshing Bloody Mary. If only there were a way to make these scrumptious treats more efficient.Wait a second, we know how–swap out the lettuce for vodka! It leaves more food for your food anyway.
Since bacon is packed with protein, it’s a good choice before a night (or day) out with friends. Protein keeps you fuller longer, so you’ll be less likely to stuff your face with pizza leftovers and chips if your night takes you there.
Check out this recipe from the Food Network to try making your own “Bacon Vodka Tomato” for your next brunch, lunch, or night of fun. After all, bacon is great anytime, anywhere – especially with liquor and especially in place of lettuce.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 6 drinks
- 6 slices peppered bacon
- 3 ¼ cups tomato juice
- 1 ¼ cups bacon-flavored vodka (or regular)
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (from about 3 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 2 teaspoons chipotle hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 6 stalks of celery with leaves
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, turning occasionally, until golden brown and crisp, 9 to 11 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, combine the tomato juice, vodka, lemon juice, horseradish, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, celery salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a pitcher; refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Pour the Bloody Mary mixture into 6 large ice-filled glasses. Add a piece of bacon and a celery stalk to each.