Mozzarella sticks are delicious. That’s just a straight up fact. Cheese coated with crispy breaded fried deliciousness? Yeah, we dig ’em. But we’ve also thought mozzarella sticks were missing something. What would make them more delicious? Bacon of course because bacon makes everything better even green stuff like salads and all that.
Check out this recipe from our friend Amy at Oh, Bite It! for the tastiest way to swap out breading for bacon.
- 1 lb. bacon… you’ll need two slices per mozzarella stick
- 6 mozzarella cheese sticks
- Oil for frying
- Your favorite dipping sauce… we like ranch
- FREEZE the CHEESE. This is very important. Do this for a few hours.
- Lay slices of bacon flat and place your frozen cheese stick on top of it. Fold the ends of the bacon over the cheese stick (See photo below).
- Repeat this step with a second piece of bacon – it’ll help secure the first slice.
- Put a toothpick to hold the bacon and cheese together.
- Heat your oil to 350 degrees and fry until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and let cool on a paper towel.
- Serve with dipping sauce and share with friends… or don’t.