Baconeers! I am here to offer you some food for thought to savor on into the weekend.
I am a firm believer that everything is better with bacon. Chewy, crispy, fried or baked, I don’t discriminate. I like to add bacon to pretty much anything I can get my hands on. I’ll let you in on a little secret…Bacon isn’t just for breakfast, it makes for a great dessert fixture too! You can wake up smelling bacon AND fall asleep to this meat candy’s delectable aroma.
#Baconable Ice Cream
Here is one of my favorite tricks to turn up the flavor on the classic ice cream sundae: brown sugar candied bacon!
1/2 lb. bacon (your choice!)
1/2 cup brown sugar
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Line bacon strips on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar over the bacon.
- Let these bad boys bake for 15-20 minutes or until the bacon displays a nice color and is caramelized.
- Allow the bacon to cool and dice those suckers into tiny bits of magic.
- Top your favorite ice cream!