Baconeers! I am here to offer you some food for thought to savor on into the weekend.
I am a firm believer that everything is better with bacon. Chewy, crispy, fried or baked, I don’t discriminate. I like to add bacon to pretty much anything I can get my hands on. I’ll let you in on a little secret…Bacon isn’t just for breakfast, it makes for a great dessert fixture too! You can wake up smelling bacon AND fall asleep to this meat candy’s delectable aroma.
Here is one of my favorite tricks to turn up the flavor on the classic ice cream sundae:
- /2 lb. bacon (your choice!)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Line bacon strips on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar over the bacon.
- Let these bad boys bake for 15-20 minutes or until the bacon displays a nice color and is caramelized.
- Allow the bacon to cool and dice those suckers into tiny bits of magic.
Top your favorite ice cream!