Thanks to Molly at Yes to Yolks for enriching our lives with some bacon, corn, and cheddar breakfast biscuits. They most definitely meet the globally-revered snack trifecta: sweet, salty, and bacon-y.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 12 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, diced
- 1/2 cup cold buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked, crumbled, and cooled
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen corn, defrosted and drained
- Egg wash
- Pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt in a standard mixer.
- Keeping the mixer on low, add the butter, and mix until it’s broken into small pieces.
- Whisk the buttermilk and egg in a small bowl, then add into the flour mixture.
- Toss the shredded cheddar, bacon (this is the best part, please don’t forget it), and corn in a bowl with in a tablespoon of flour.
- Fold the Step 5 mixture into the biscuit dough being careful not to over-mix. Start kneading the dough down.
- Cut the dough into circles and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet, then brush the tops of the biscuits with egg wash.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Try them with all kinds of different ingredients.
This recipe was adapted from Yes to Yolks.