It’s swimsuit season! But forget swimsuit season. These bacon blondies with bourbon honey are almost an unfair amount of delicious, and we’d much rather indulge in these than sit out in the hot sun all day and get sand in-between our toes.
- 1 1-lb. roll of Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1 lb. bacon, crispy and crumbled
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup honey
- a few splashes of bourbon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and line with parchment paper. Make sure the parchment paper is long enough that some of it hangs over the edges of the pan.
- Press the sugar cookie dough down into the pan evenly and gently.
- Bake for approximately 10-15 minutes until the crust is slightly golden brown, but not all the way cooked yet.
- While the pastry bakes, work on the topping/filling.
- Combine the eggs, sugar, vanilla, butter, and corn syrup in a bowl and mix until it’s smooth and slightly thick.
- Take the crust out of the oven and evenly top with bacon crumbles.
- Pour the topping/filling over the crust and bacon.
- Bake it for another 30-45 minutes. Don’t let it burn but make sure it’s firm.
- Mix the bourbon and honey together and drizzle over top.
This recipe is adapted from Oh, Bite It!.