- Apples (approximately 1 apple per 4 rings depending on their size)
- Bacon (2 slices per ring)
- Oil for frying
- Preheat the oil to 350 degrees.
- Sculpt the apple into thin slices (1/4″– 1/2″).
- Cut out the center of each slice to create the iconic ring shape.
- Carefully, without committing the crime of letting a piece of bacon fall to the floor, wrap your currently uncooked bacon around each apple ring until they’re fully covered. As long as it’s covered, the amount is up to you. Free tip: more is always better.
- Use a toothpick to make sure your creation is protected and stays in place.
- Delicately, place each piece into the oil and fry until each ring resembles the ideal golden, delicious color.
- After removing the rings from the oil, get rid of the toothpicks. Please restrain yourself from gorging on them. It’s not the proper moment yet.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the cinnamon and sugar together. This part should be tailored to your personal taste.
- Take each warm, delightful ring and place them in a bowl of the mixed cinnamon and sugar.
- Set them on a serving tray or in a paper towel. After that, speed and generosity of consumption is entirely up to you.
This recipe is adapted from Oh, Bite It!