Now that the weather is starting to get very, very cold, it’s time to start thinking about some warm, succulent food to soothe your soul. Fortunately, we have just that from our friend Amy at OH, Bite it! Her Apple Cider Glazed Pork & Bacon Sandwiches are absolutely guaranteed to provide happiness, crispiness, and general bacon goodness. Take a gander at the full recipe below.
- 1 Smithfield Foods marinated pork loin
- 1 pound Smithfield Foods bacon
- Sandwich rolls… one per each sandwich
- 2 cups Apple Cider
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup of Apple Butter to Apple Jelly
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes.. optional, yet adventurous
- Lay your bacon out side-by-side in a line and place the pork loin across the middle. Gently wrap the bacon strips around the loin. Stand back and admire (not optional).
- Place onto a sheet pan and bake for 30 minutes at 450 degrees F.
- While it’s cooking, you can start making the apple cider glaze. Add your cider, apple/butter jelly, and mustard into a sauce pot and simmer for about 12 minutes.
- Once the sauce has cooled, begin basting the meat with the glaze. Add to taste.
- After basting, let the bacon pork loin cool. Start slicing thin strips.
- Add a few strips in between a sandwich roll, touch it off with some more glaze, then run and tell all your friends about it.
This recipe was adapted from Amy at OH, Bite It!