- 8 hot dogs
- 1 pound bacon (Amy recommends Farmland)
- 6-8 medium potatoes
- 1/2 cup of flour
- Oil for frying (Amy recommends Canola)
- A “spiralizer” tool for making the twisted potatoes (You can find one here)
- 8 skewers or sticks
- Spiral-slice each potato and set them aside in a bowl of cold water.
- Insert skewers securely into each hot dog and wrap each with one to two slices of bacon (or as much as you want). Make sure to wrap each dog evenly so it’s covered entirely with bacon.
- Twist the potato spirals around the bacon-wrapped hot dogs. Don’t worry about it being perfect; just tuck in the loose ends.
- Dust them with some flour.
- Fry them up one at a time in about three inches of oil at 350 degrees. Rotate each for about 8-10 minutes (or until the bacon is fully cooked) so they brown evenly.
- Drain them on a paper towel to cool.
- Serve them up with your favorite variety of dipping sauces and be the hero of the party. (Or keep them all for yourself. We won’t blame you.)
This recipe is adapted from Oh, Bite It.
Want more Baconeer recipes?
If so, sign up to become a Baconeer and get access to exclusive recipes, contests, crispy bacon news, and other delicious bacon bits. Fill out the form below and make sure to let us know what you’re interested in.