- 1 lb bacon cut in half (~18 slices/~36 half-slices)
- 36 meatballs or as many as you have bacon slices
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
2. Mix together brown sugar and chili powder in a small bowl.
3. Spray a broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Cut a pound of bacon strips in half and wrap them around the meatballs (Store bought, fully cooked Italian style meatballs that are thawed in the microwave before being wrapped with bacon work well for this recipe.), securing the bacon in place with a toothpick.
5. Dredge the bacon wrapped meatballs in the sugar and chili mixture, pressing to coat it well.
6. Place them on the greased broiler pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes, depending on how you like your bacon. For more crispiness, bake them for 45 minutes.
Want more Baconeer recipes?
If so, sign up to become a Baconeer and get access to exclusive recipes, contests, crispy bacon news, and other delicious bacon bits. Fill out the form below and make sure to let us know what you’re interested in.