Bacon wrapped around anything makes it instantly better. Exhibit A: Mashed Potato Bacon Bombs. They’re crispy with a gooey inside, and that’s really all you need in life. See the full recipe from our friend Amy at Oh, Bite It! below:
- 2 potatoes, mashed
- 1 slice of bacon per bomb
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- Cheddar cheese cut into 1 inch chunks (one chunk per bomb)
- Salt and pepper
- Oil for frying
- Sour cream and toppings for dipping
- Mix the mashed potatoes, eggs, and a pinch of salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Spoon out a small scoop and add a cheddar cheese square. Form a ball with the cheese in the middle.
- Roll the ball in a bowl of bread crumbs. Make sure to coat evenly.
- Next, wrap the bomb with a bacon slice and use a toothpick to hold it in place.
- Add about 2 inches of heated cooking oil (Amy recommends Canola) in a container you normally use and are comfortable with. Place a few of the bacon bombs into the hot oil. (The oil should be around 350 degrees for maximum crispiness.) Make sure the toothpick is out so you can remove the bombs safely. Fry until they are golden all around.
- Remove and place on a paper towel to soak up excess oil.
- Let cool, eat, and enjoy (not optional).
This recipe was adapted from our friend Amy at Oh, Bite It!
Want more Baconeer recipes?
If so, sign up to become a Baconeer and get access to exclusive recipes, contests, crispy bacon news, and other delicious bacon bits. Fill out the form below and make sure to let us know what you’re interested in.