Bacon is all about the wild and untamed world. And nothing screams “wild and untamed” like bacon mixed into batter and then coated on a chicken wing. Breakfast and dinner just got a whole lot better thanks to Dude Foods. But, once again, the true hero is bacon.
- Breaded chicken wings, ideally using drumsticks
- Waffle mix
- Maple bacon
- Waffle iron
- Maple syrup
- Cook the drumsticks thoroughly to offer the best base for your delicious concoction. (They look like they could use a bacon-shaped friend, don’t they?)
- Whip up the waffle mix by follow instructions on the back of the box.
- Carefully fry your bacon into juicy, crispy strips.
- Cut the tender, joy-filled strips into small squares.
- Add the squares to the waffle mix and whisk it to ensure that the bacon flavor reaches every morsel of the batter.
- Insert the cooked drumstick into the batter, making sure to coat it completely with the mix.
- Place the coated drumstick into your waffle iron, keeping the handle portion of the drumstick protruding from the iron. Then add extra batter to completely cover it. The goal is to maximize the bacon waffle around the drumstick.
- Cook until the waffles take on the golden brown image of perfection.
- Place on your plate and add your personal preference of maple syrup.
This recipe is adapted from Dude Foods.
Want more Baconeer recipes?
If so, sign up to become a Baconeer and get access to exclusive recipes, contests, crispy bacon news, and other delicious bacon bits. Fill out the form below and make sure to let us know what you’re interested in.