Don’t you just hate eating a BLT and not getting tons of bacon in every bite? Or, have you ever had a desire to sandwich your cheeseburger with two buns made out of bacon? What about… wait for it… a BLT with bacon weaves instead of bread?? We know what that’s like so we’ve come up with a solution: learn to weave your bacon. Check out the step-by-step guide below:
- 3 pretty strips of bacon per weave
Note: You will need three strips for one sandwich-size bacon weave but we highly suggest having six or nine or 21 strips ready because you’re going to want more than just one.
- Cut the strips of bacon in half. It helps to do this with the bacon chilled and pulled directly from the refrigerator.
- Lay three strips horizontally on a baking sheet side-by-side.
- Fold the top and bottom strips, left to right.
- Lay one pretty strip of bacon perpendicular to those strips.
- Unfold the flipped strips back over the perpendicular bacon strip.
- Fold the middle horizontal strip from the other side, now right to left, and lay another strip in the middle of the weave.
- Unfold. Your bacon is starting to look like a weave, so get excited.
- Fold the top and bottom one last time to lay the last strip of bacon down. Unfold.
- Don’t be scared to get in there, and make sure each strip is flush up against each other. You now have your bacon weave.
- To start cooking it, preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until desired crispiness.
- Enjoy, and also feel free to share with us.
Here’s a list of recipes you can use your newfound talents for:
Want more Baconeer recipes?
If so, sign up to become a Baconeer and get access to exclusive recipes, contests, crispy bacon news, and other delicious bacon bits. Fill out the form below and make sure to let us know what you’re interested in.