Cheesy bacon deliciousness baked into softy salty bread? This magical combination will have every Baconeer drooling. With a spin on a classic bacon grilled cheese, our love for melted cheesy bacon snacks has reached a new level. No, you’re not dreaming, but this may be the closest you will get to the clouds of bacon heaven.
- 3/4 cup of crumbled bacon
- 1 1/2 cups of grated cheddar cheese
- 2 of cups milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (2 packets) of dry yeast
- 6 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter
- 4 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of fine salt
- 1/3 cup of baking soda
- 2 cups of warm water
- Coarse salt
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon of paprika
- Chopped fresh herbs
- Heat up the milk in the microwave for about a minute and a half.
- Stir in yeast and let it sit for three minutes.
- Add the butter, sugar, and flour (one cup at a time, don’t go overboard here). Then, stir in the fine salt.
- Knead with mixer or by hand for about 10 minutes.
- Cover with a damp cloth and set the mixture in a warm place for about an hour. The mixture should rise and double in size.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pat down the dough.
- Divide the dough into 12 sections and flatten each one into a 3-inch wide circle
- Place a couple tablespoons of cheese and one tablespoon of bacon in each and curl into a ball. Add more bacon if you’re a true bacon fan.
- Combine the warm water and baking soda into a bowl.
- Dip each roll into the water mixture.
- Place on greased baking sheet before dusting with salt.
- Cut a slit in each roll with a knife.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Anxiously pace till it’s done.
- Combine butter, garlic, and paprika and microwave until the butter is melted.
- After microwaving, add the herbs.
- Glaze the rolls as soon as they are browned.
- Serve and bask in the glory of your cooking talent.
Want more Baconeer recipes?
If so, sign up to become a Baconeer and get access to exclusive recipes, contests, crispy bacon news, and other delicious bacon bits. Fill out the form below and make sure to let us know what you’re interested in.