Bacon-wrapped anything is all a true Baconeer needs to hear before their mouth starts watering and their mind starts to wander. These delicious bacon balls are not only wrapped in bacon, but lathered in a dreamy “bang bang” sauce. They’re guaranteed, literally guaranteed, to light up any party. So, fair warning: your guests may or may not (but they definitely will) come back for another round. We’ll let you decide if you want to invite them. A special thanks to our friends at Oh, Bite It! for sharing this incredible recipe.
- 1 lb. thin sliced bacon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1/4 cup sweet-hot chili sauce
- 2 tbsp. hot sauce
- 1 dash of cayenne pepper
- 1 dash of red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the brown sugar, honey, chili sauce, hot sauce, cayenne, and red pepper flakes until smooth for your bang bang sauce. (Such a cool name.)
- Wrap a slice of bacon around each meatball to keep it warm and cozy.
- Put a toothpick in the bacon-wrapped meatball to secure it so that vegans don’t steal it.
- Dunk each meatball in the bang bang sauce like you’re giving it a bath in a delicious chili sauce tub.
- Glaze the pan evenly with some extra bang bang sauce then place each meatball on it.
- Bake them at 400 degrees for about 30-40 minutes.
- Take them out of the oven and lather them up again with some more sauce for good measure.
- Let them cool, take a few for yourself (we won’t look), then serve them up to your guests. They’ll definitely be gone quickly.
This recipe is adapted from Oh, Bite It!
Want more Baconeer recipes?
If so, sign up to become a Baconeer and get access to exclusive recipes, contests, crispy bacon news, and other delicious bacon bits. Fill out the form below and make sure to let us know what you’re interested in.