The next time you’re thinking of having some boring old chicken tenders for dinner, think again. Why not add some savory goodness to those simple chicken strips by wrapping those bad boys in bacon?!?! This recipe adds the perfect punch of sweetness, smokiness, and spice. You’re gonna want to try this one ASAP!
1 lbs. chicken tenders (about 10 chicken tenders)
10 strips bacon, sliced in half length-wise
½ -1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon italian seasoning
1 teaspoon garlic powder
⅔ cup light brown sugar, packed
2 tablespoons chili powder
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix together salt, paprika, black pepper, onion powder,italian seasoning, and garlic powder.
- Sprinkle mixture evenly over chicken tenders, (top and bottom) completely coating them generously in the spices.
- Wrap two sliced bacon strips around the chicken tender. Tuck in and loose ends.
- Mix together brown sugar and chili powder.
- Sprinkle this mixture generously over bacon wrapped chicken, top and bottom. Press the sugar mixture into the chicken to pack it on.
- Place the chicken on a greased grill pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is done and bacon is crisp. You can broil for the last few minutes if desired to crisp up the bacon more.
- Serve piping hot! Garnish with parsley if desired.
Send us your Baconcoctions and they might be featured in our next post!
Want more Baconeer recipes?
If so, sign up to become a Baconeer and get access to exclusive recipes, contests, crispy bacon news, and other delicious bacon bits. Fill out the form below and make sure to let us know what you’re interested in.