Part appetizer, part centerpiece, and all-American. There’s no better way to celebrate the nation’s birthday and your love for pork at the same time.
- Lots of bacon, salami, and pepperoni slices. Lots. You actually can’t have too many.
- A carton of blueberries
- Sliced mozzarella
- One large platter
- Create a border on the platter with strips of cooked, crispy bacon. (Click here to see the best way to cook your bacon.)
- Next, you’ll need to create the red and white lines of the good ol’ American flag. Slice the mozzarella into rectangles and lay them side-by-side with enough space to fit some pepperoni and salami slab in between.
- For the red stripes, alternate between slices of salami and pepperoni. Maybe throw in an additional meat (like ham, or really any other kind of pork) if you’re feeling it. Fold the meat slices and line them on top of one another so they stretch from one edge of the platter to the other. Remember to leave a section empty in the top left corner. See the picture below for reference.
- For the stars section, use your carton of blueberries. Place them into the top left section, arranging so everything fits snugly.
- Cut small stars out of the remaining mozzarella cheese. If you can get fifty stars, perfect. If not, we still applaud your spirit. You’re doing good things here regardless. Arrange the stars on top of the blueberries.
And there you have it: a perfect way to celebrate the birthday of the best country on Earth with the best food on Earth. America, the Beautiful, has never been more true.
Want more Baconeer recipes?
If so, sign up to become a Baconeer and get access to exclusive recipes, contests, crispy bacon news, and other delicious bacon bits. Fill out the form below and make sure to let us know what you’re interested in.