Thanks to Molly at Yes to Yolks for enriching our lives with some bacon, corn, and cheddar breakfast biscuits. They most definitely meet the globally-revered snack trifecta: sweet, salty, and bacon-y.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 12 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, diced
- 1/2 cup cold buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked, crumbled, and cooled
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen corn, defrosted and drained
- Egg wash
- Pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt in a standard mixer.
- Keeping the mixer on low, add the butter, and mix until it’s broken into small pieces.
- Whisk the buttermilk and egg in a small bowl, then add into the flour mixture.
- Toss the shredded cheddar, bacon (this is the best part, please don’t forget it), and corn in a bowl with in a tablespoon of flour.
- Fold the Step 5 mixture into the biscuit dough being careful not to over-mix. Start kneading the dough down.
- Cut the dough into circles and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet, then brush the tops of the biscuits with egg wash.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Try them with all kinds of different ingredients.
This recipe was adapted from Yes to Yolks.
Want more Baconeer recipes?
If so, sign up to become a Baconeer and get access to exclusive recipes, contests, crispy bacon news, and other delicious bacon bits. Fill out the form below and make sure to let us know what you’re interested in.